A recent study by a pharmaceutical company found that as much as 30% of some employee’s time was being consumed in the creation of Power Point slides. This results in the 40-slide, text-heavy PowerPoint™ presentation which is not very effective under the best of circumstances, let alone when you are trying to communicate complex or controversial information.
Our audiences have become more distracted, demanding and sceptical. Therefore, every presentation must impact them and compel them to act, if we are to retain or gain their confidence.
This program teaches the work of Dr. Andrew Abela, the author of Advanced Presentation by Design, and the Extreme Presentation Method program – a ten step process for designing presentations. By undertaking the program, you will develop a new mindset and method for developing influential, powerful, elegant and brief presentations that drive your audience to action.
In this program you will learn how to:
- Select and present your evidence logically using a hierarchical system that enables you to craft a sound argument.
- Construct a compelling and engaging story by incorporating relevant and interesting anecdotes and sequencing your presentation, by applying the hidden structure underlying all great stories.
- Display your information in a way that is graphically convincing and reinforces your message visually whilst being simplistic but not losing any detail.
- Use powerful audience and stakeholder analysis techniques to understand what will persuade and influence your audience in your favour.
- Define and measure attitudinal and behavioural changes you require in your audience using the “From To Think Do” matrix.
More detail on each of the ten steps can be found on the extremepresentation.com web site.